Sunday 22 March 2015

What to do on a lazy Sunday... :)

 Yay, it's Sunday!
Time to sent out some postcards to people all over the world :)

Here's my pink 'bag of Happiness', because whenever I open it, 
I know I'm gonna do fun stuff :)


So what's in it?

First of all, of course, my collection of postcards
I go shopping for cards every 2-3 months, because it's a good excuse
to visit a big city or have lunch with a friend :)

I usually buy my cards in a small souvenir shop in Antwerpen, which is close to my hometown
The man who sells cards already knows me... A while ago he brought a box of old postcards for me,
that I could have for free! 
He's such a nice man and I can't even think about buying my cards elsewhere :p


I know that Belgian postcards are not really 'special', because it's not a so-called rare country
But... we do have attractive things! ^^
Last year I took these free entrance tickets for the Atomium and Mini Europe (great 
touristic places in Brussels, capital city of Belgium) and I like to add them to the cards that I send
Another thing that I like to add are small chocolates, wrapped with paintings of old Belgian houses
Yummy! ^^


Finally, I use stickers and pencils to decorate my cards
Last weekend I've bought some washi-tape too, the first tape shows paintings of camera's
and the other tape says: 'Enjoy the blue skies'

Colourfull stickers, flowers & cats & stars

My washi-tape! ^^
Now I can't wait to go back to my postcards again :)
How do you decorate your cards? How much time do you spent on it?
How important do you find it to receive decorated cards?

Have a nice Sunday! :)

1 comment:

  1. Honestly? I very rarely decorate my cards. I have a decoration tape that I sometimes use to put the line down the middle of the back, but that's about it.
    I also don't care very much if people decorate the cards they send to me. I would much rather that they wrote something personal on the card they send to me. That said, if there's enough room for them to write me a message, and decorate them, I quite like it!

    There are also a few members who ask for decorated or artistically altered cards...I have done a couple and to be honest, I loved doing them. At first I was horrified at the idea of "damaging" a card, but after that, I liked it!

    ReplyDelete