Monday 2 March 2015

A postcard from Malta

Today I received this beautiful postcard from Valletta, Malta
My friend Lara was there on vacation and she tought about sending me a postcard! :)


On the card, you can see Valletta, the capital city of Malta
The backside of the card says: 'The magnificent fortifications, build by knights to protect the city, become a scene out of a fairy tale when they are floodlit by night'
I think it's true, what about you? :)

 
Also the stamp on the card was very interesting. It shows a nurse camp during World War I
There's also a poppy (flower) on it, which was quite the symbol of WWI.


Thank you Lara for this beautiful city view by night!

10 comments:

  1. Very nice postcard and stamp.
    Greetings from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings back from Belgium! I am now following your blog too! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooo! Great card and great stamps! :)
    Maltese cards are adorable :) And building like from fairy tale right :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are! :) I am now following your blog too! :)

      Delete
  3. Hello !!! It's very interesting your blog and the post card/stamp from Malta, it's hard to find !!! I also have a new blog: http://lorysletters.blogspot.com.br/ - about penpals and collections, let's follow each other !!! Greetings from Brazil, Lorena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there!
      Yes, it is, they are both really beautiful
      I am now following you, thanks for the link! :)

      Delete
  4. Great postcard! I'd like to visit Malta soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all want to visit Malta one day, ahahaha ^^

      Delete
  5. You've shared a very wonderful card. Thank you for sharing
    Indonesia Zipcode

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely exceptional. Even though variety of article on this topic, this article carries many treasured points which had been never be read in other articles.
    alwar pincode

    ReplyDelete